How To Set Up Autoresponder In Outlook
A Guide to Set Autoreply in Outlook
Few decades back sending and receiving important information used to take a lot more time that what it takes now. Nowadays with a single click on your computer, you can send any information to anyone. Email or electronic mail is used for various purposes. It is used both in private and personal sphere. We can use email to send letters, pictures or videos to our loved ones and it is also used to business and promotional purposes. There are many email clients in the market and Outlook is one of them. Outlook has added many unique features to improve the experience of their users.
The Importance of Setting Autoreply in Your Email
If you have a business and you want to make the communication between you and your client’s easy going then having an email account is a must. But sometimes having an email account is not enough to build a better communication with the clients. If you are out of office or on a vacation where you cannot access your email account, you won’t be able to reply to important messages. And this may lead to loosing important business opportunities. Keeping this problem in mind Outlook has added the ‘auto response’ feature. With the help of this feature you can reply to your mails even when you cannot access your mail account.
Steps of Creating a Message Template
Before focusing on how to set up autoresponder in outlook, you should concentrate on writing an impactful out-of-office message. The following steps will help you to set up a message template:
- Firstly, you have to go to File. Under File menu you will find ‘New’ option. After clicking on ‘New’ you have to click on ‘Mail Message’.
- After that you have to go to the formatting group under which you will find the option ‘Plain Text’. Please click on ‘Plain Text’.
- Then you will be asked to write a message that you want to set as your automated reply.
- After that you have to save your template. After saving the template you can proceed to setting autoreply.
Steps of Setting an Autoreply
Now let’s focus on how to set auto reply in outlook. The following steps may help you with the procedure:
- At first you have to go to the ‘Tools’ menu and click on ‘Rules and Alerts’. After that click on ‘New Rule’
- Then you have to click on ‘Check messages when they arrive’.
- After that you will be asked that under what condition you want to check. There you have to select your criteria and click next.
- Then through a dialog box you will be informed that this rule will be applicable for every email that you will receive. Please click ‘Yes’.
- Then you have to choose a message where you have to select a specific reply.
- Then a dialog box will open named Reply Template from where you have to select the template that you want to use.
- After that click next to finish the process.
Deactivating Automated Replies
Deactivating autoreply is as easy a setting it. You just have to go to the Tools menu and click on Rules and Alerts. Then go to the Rule tab and clear the check box under name and your setting will be deactivated. This brief was about how to set up auto responder in outlook. If you face any trouble following these steps you can always visits Outlook’s customer support. From there you will get necessary assistance on how to how to set auto reply on Outlook.
Unable to log in to Sage How to fix it?
Perturbed with the login issue in Sage Accounting software? The users can implement the solutionsRead More
How To Fix Http 500 Error?
What This Error 500 Internal Server Error This error may appear in a variety ofRead More