How To Setup OpenVPN Server on Windows 10
About OenVPN Server –
OpenVPN is ideal for Windows Phone, Android Phone, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, FreeBSD, Maemo, iOS, QNX, and Solaris. This open source SSL VPN forms secure point-to-point connections. It allows the users to have the most secure VPN for their situation and offers many user-friendly features. Due to the growth of online privacy and security concerns, VPNs are becoming much popular. Today we will discuss how to setup OpenVPN server on Windows. Before you start the configuration process, you will need to download the configuration files from your preferred VPN server.
The Benefits of using OpenVPN’s Setup on Windows
Anyone can review or change the code in OpenVPN as it is an open source. It which runs in the user space can run without any root privilege. As OpenVPN offers many advanced settings and trendy security features, it keeps you confident that you are dealing with a secure client. OpenVPN provides the security features like strong encryption standards using the OpenSSL Library, peer authentication using pre-shared keys, usual forms of authentication, and HMAC packet authentication. It is instrumental in offering maximum reliability and acts as an additional layer of security. However, it has some disadvantages too. Owing to its multi-level configurable aspects, it is difficult for the beginners to set up OpenVPN Server and Client Setup on Windows. Some of the popular proxy servers do not support OpenVPN. Problems are to be anticipated for you if you are unfortunate enough to connect through one of those proxy servers.
How do I configure OpenVPN Server on Windows?
1. Open the official website of OpenVPN
2. Now you need to download the files for the version of Windows you are running
3. Go to the setup wizard and click on it
4. Click on Next; you will be in the licensing agreement page
5. Click on I Agree
6. Now you need to select which components you would like to install
7. Else, go with the default options
8. The selection of location is suggested to you now
9. Click on Install after you have selected it
10. Click on Finish after the program has finished the installation
11. Now you need to access the folder where you saved it; click on OpenVPN
12. Extract the configuration files from your VPN service provider
13. Open the configuration files
14. Make a right click on any of the (as per the server you would like to access) configuration files
15. Select Start OpenVPN on this configuration file
16. Enter your username and password
17. The OpenVPN will connect now
Note – If any user unable to configure OpenVPN server on windows due to some issues like Openvpn setup not opening, OpenVPN not able to connect, OpenVPN client not able to ping server etc so they can get assistance through technical experts.
How to Setup Custom Domain on Blogger with Godaddy
Learn on How to Setup Custom Domain on Blogger with Godaddy: Have you heard theRead More
How To Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10
DNS Server is Not Responding DNS stands for domain name system and it is aRead More